The FT-100a main unit should handle most of your functional test requirements. If more I/O capabilities are needed, external expansion modules may be added. There are three connectors on the FT-100a for I/O interfacing. All are IDC-type ribbon cable headers with latches for positive locking. Following is a breakdown of the I/O lines available in the FT-100a:
Power Supply Lines:
- +5v. @1 amp
- +12v. @1 amp
- -12v. @.25 amp
- Programmable Supply (0-10v.) @1 amp
Notes: All power supply lines are overload protected with automatic resetting. The variable voltage supply line is software programmable with its own command.
- 40 Digital Inputs- TTL compatible switching levels
- 40 Digital Outputs - Rail-to-rail output (0-5v.)
Notes: Digital inputs overload protected to +50v/-35v.
- One external trigger line for one digital input port
Notes: Trigger Polarity is software programmable. Latch status is software readable.
- 8 Analog Inputs (0-10v. or +/-5v.) 12 bit resolution
- 7 Analog Outputs (0-10v. or +/-5v.)
(4 outputs @12 bit resolution, 3 @8 bit)
Notes: Analog Input lines overload protected to +/-66v.
- START/STOP - Start and stop the test program
- WAIT/CONT - "Pause" a running program
- RESET - Hardware reset
- TRIG - External trigger line