The FT-100a comes equipped with enough features and input/output capabilities to handle many test and control tasks, but when even more capabilities are needed, expansion is as simple as connecting one or more of the optional accessories. FT-100a expansion accessories may be connected at any time, with no modifications required.
I/O PORT EXPANSION MODULE
Add all the extra I/O you will ever need!
- Increase I/O capabilities to suit your exact needs!
- Interface hardware and firmware already built into the FT-100a. No modifications!
- Simple Connection to FT-100a -Just plug it in!
- Add up to seven Expansion Modules.
- Freely change Expansion Modules as needs change.
- Either stack or separate modules to suit your needs.
- Custom-designed Expansion Modules available.
Expansion Modules allow the FT-100a to be "customized" for extra input/output capabilities. Installation of Expansion Modules is as simple as connecting the supplied interface cable from the back of the module to the back of the FT-100a. Up to seven expansion modules may be connected, permitting a vast and flexible amount of I/O capabilities. Interface hardware and firmware is already in place in the FT-100a. Programming interface is automatic and transparent to the operator or programmer.
Expansion Modules are enclosed within their own housing and may be "stacked" under the FT-100a or separated for more convenient cable connections. In most cases, two expansion modules may be enclosed within one housing, saving space and costs. Y-tek can even offer custom-designed expansion modules.
Expansion Module Specifications
(Note: Digital & Control I/O specifications are the same as FT-100a)
|Maximum Voltage at Inputs||+/- 66||Volts||Note 1|
|Input Voltage Range||See Configuration Table|
|0-5v. Range||1.22||-||3.66||mv.||Note 3|
|+/- 5v. Range||2.44||-||7.32||mv.|
|+/- 10v. Range||4.88||-||14.64||mv.|
|Output Voltage Range||See Configuration Table|
|Output Current - Source||20||ma.||Note 1|
|- Sink||10||ma.||Note 1|
|Short Circuit to GND||40||ma.||Note 1|
|0-5v. Range||1.22||-||3.05||mv.||Note 3|
|+/- 5v. Range||2.44||-||6.10||mv.|
|+/- 10v. Range||4.88||-||12.20||mv.|
Notes: 1. Absolute maximum ratings. Not recommended operating.
2. If different analog input/output specifications must be met, contact the factory.
3. Cumulative errors, including: accuracy, non-linearity, offset, and gain throughout the entire temperature range.
1041 SERIAL PORT EXPANDER
- Add Three more serial ports to the FT-100a!
- Interface hardware and firmware already built into FT-100a.
- No setup or configuration required!
- Fully Automatic - FT-100a controls everything!
- Eliminate cable changes or manual switching boxes.
- Small, lightweight - Place it out-of-the-way!
- Very inexpensive!
The 1041 is an optional accessory for the FT-100a that expands the number of serial communications ports from one to four! Simply connect the 1041 to the FT-100a's serial communications connector on the rear panel, and suddenly, you have three more serial ports! All control is transparent to the operator and programmer. Contained in its own housing with no external controls, the 1041 may be tucked away for maximum space utilization!
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!
- Directly control the FT-100a from a terminal or computer and have a serial printer
- Connect the FT-100a to a Network and still have three other serial devices (printers, terminals, etc.).
- Each serial port can have a different communications protocol (baud rate, etc.).
- Interconnect and control several test instruments via RS-232 lines.
- Communicate with assemblies under test via their RS-232 lines and send results to a computer or printer
- Troubleshoot defective assemblies using a terminal or computer, and control external test instruments in Direct Mode.
CONFIGURATION OF AVAILABLE EXPANSION MODULES
|Digital Lines||Analog Lines||Price
|1526||40||40||4 ports||-||4||12||+/- 5||$499.00|
|1527||40||40||4 ports||-||4||12||+/- 10||$499.00|
|Dual-Module Credit (note 3)||- $30.00|
|1041||4 Serial Communications Ports||159.00|
|FT100Conn||FT-100 to UUT interface PCB||$25.00|
|Pass-Thu Conn||30 or 50 pin Pass-Thru interface PCB||Call|
|Relay Output||8 Channel General Purpose Relay PCB||Call|
|Opto Input||8 Channel Opto-Isolated Inputs for AC or DC Detection PCB||Call|
|DC Scaler||Dual Amp DC Scaler PCB||Call|
- 1. Single-piece price. Contact Y-tek for quantity pricing. Prices subject to change.
- 2. Only one 1548 module per housing. "Dual-module credit" does not apply to module 1548.
- 3. When two expansion modules are installed in one enclosure, subtract "Dual-module credit" from the sum of the price of the individual modules.
In addition to these accessories, Y-tek always has new accessories under development. If you have a need that isn't covered by one of these accessories, give Y-tek a call. We can even develop "custom" accessories, often at no extra cost to the customer.
Notice: The information presented here is believed to be accurate, however, Y-tek assumes no responsibility for errors and reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.